Saturday, February 20, 2010

Regrets

I regret being seduced by the beauty and softness that is Malabrigo, throwing good sense out the window, and not attempting this Olympic project in the called-for chunky weight yarn. Because of my poor choice, I've wasted precious competition time on calculating stitch counts (which I HATE doing) and the knitting is of course much slower at the worsted gauge because of inceased number of over-all stitches I must make. DUH!

Also, the finished sweater is not going to look anything like the cozy cushy sweater I had envisioned. Again, because of the poor yarn choice. I'm hoping it will still be nice anyway.



I'm decreasing for the waist, but I think I put too many too close together, because it takes in rather sharply. I'm thinking it doesn't look good and I'm going to have to rip.

I'm still giving it my all, but I'm quickly losing faith that I'll finish this thing by the 28th.

No comments: