Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Ummmmm..

Okay, okay. Yes, I realize that it's been now four months since my last (lame) post. However, I do have knitting to show you:



Um, now I must explain myself. This is a pair of socks in progress, at the point where the heel has just been completed and I am now sailing up the cuff in 2x2 rib. They seem quite long, do they not? That's because they are for a size 13 foot.

Now, I realize that in my last post, I was thanking my lucky stars that I was not planning on knitting for a size 13 foot. Well, let's just say that now I AM thanking my lucky stars that I am knitting for a size 13 foot. Irony is great.

So, these socks have been my WIP for the past 2 months. I hope to have them done soon. I then plan on making a hat for myself which has a hole in the top for a pony tail for when I go snowboarding. I have issues with goggle placement.

And, this is the only knitting-related purchase I've made in many, many months:



Yes, I succumbed to the new Knit Picks Harmony needle set. I haven't yet knit with them (I'll use 'em on my hat), but they feel very slick and warm and they are just beautiful! I'm so happy with them, even though they only go down to size 4.

OK, so I won't make any promises so that your expectations will remain low, and therefore the chance of disappointment is lessened when I don't post for another few months. But, hopefully, I'll keep my act together, and you'll see a pair of finished socks soon...

No comments: