Saturday, February 13, 2010

Olympics

I've been shying away from the Yarn Harlot's Knitting Olympics challenge because I'm aleady hopelessly limited on knitting time due to my 3-4 hour DAILY commute, my full-time job, my boys' homework, just to name a few.

However, I'm being sucked in to the whole thing, and would like to challenge myself to actually finish something. AND, I finally succumbed to peer pressure and ordered and got my first-ever Malabrigo worsted in a lovely colorway called Autumn Forest:



I want to work with this RIGHT NOW, and don't want it to become stash and then get sucked into the whole "I don't want to use this stash yarn I've had forever because I'm waiting for the PERFECT project for it" and then I end up a crazy yarn hoarder.

So, I'm going to try to do "Sedum" by Jane Richmond. It's a free Ravelry download, so check it out!
Doesn't it just scream "comfy" and "cozy"? I think it would be the perfect project for the super-soft, cushy, warm Malabrigo. So, I'm going for it.

It doesn't seem like it will be a technical challenge for me, but it is definitely a time-constraint challenge. So, this will require self-discipline and extreme time-management, which I need to work on anyway. I'm signed up for both the Knitting Olympics and Ravelymics, so there is great potential for public humiliation should I fail. Let the games begin!

No comments: