Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I want a new drug

...One that's not spindles!!

But where's the fun in that? Here are my newest additions, 3 beauteous Kunderts. I'm so glad I splurged & got the hand-carved cedar. The wood is just gorgeous & is even lovelier with the carvings.

So, I'm going to actually use my spindles and participate in the Ravelry Spindlers Group January challenge to spin a skein of yarn this month.
This month's theme is "Have a Drink". Mine will be "Malibu Mojito", comprised of 1 ply of green merino/silk (the mojito) & 1 ply of white wool (like the Malibu bottle), to become a scarf for Deanna. I'm shooting for a worsted/chunky weight, and am trying not to overspin this. It's a challenge, cuz I keep wanting to spin my default yarn, which is sport/dk weight. But I'm the boss of my spinning, and I'll get it done! :-)

No comments: