Monday, September 04, 2006

I'm back!

Did ya miss me? Sorry I've been neglecting the blog, but I just haven't been motivated to post. But I have been a busy little bee.

First, the trip. Let just say that the boys had fun

and I did not. Although I did get quite a bit of knitting done, it was in a vain attempt to maintain my sanity. Needless to say, I will NOT be camping in the wilds with little children again. Ever. Let us not speak of this again.

I finished and felted the Knit Picks felted Rick Rack purse
These are the before & after felting pics:
  Posted by Picasa
This is my first felted project and I REALLY enjoyed it. The pattern was really easy and quick to knit, and just look at how cute that bag is. It stands up on it own, and it's a nice size.

I used 3 balls of "Chestnut" Wool of the Andes and 2 balls of "Coal". I only regret that I didn't knit some kind of closure tab or something. Maybe I'll put some big snaps on the inside. It's the perfect pattern for using up small amounts of wool. I'll probably make the next one with longer handles so it'll be a shoulder bag. I felted it in the washing machine on the "small" load setting, and the "hot wash, cold rinse" cycle along with 2 pairs of dirty little boy shoes and some little boy jeans. It worked like a charm. Overall, an excellent project with an amazing price tag of under $15.00, including the pattern. Knit Picks rocks!

And, fanfare please, Ribby Cardi is perilously close to completion.

I've sewn it together in all the right places. It just wants an I-cord edge, a collar, and a zipper. I scored a black 2-way separating zipper on eBay, and it's ready to get sewn in. Did I mention that I hate sewing in zippers? I was seriously contemplating a button band, but I like to look of zippers, so I'll just have to suck it up. As God is my witness, there will be buttons on my next sweater. So, anyway, this will soon be a Finished Object! Hopefully.

On the spinning front, I've spun a smallish skein of Blackbird. I spent 1 day prepping fleece, so I've got 6 balls of roving still waiting to be spun. I would really like to start knitting Rogue one of these days.

That's it for now. I've been on kind of a yarn buying spree/binge lately, so when my spoils arrive, I'll take a pic and share with you all. I've bought some Mission Falls 1824 Cotton, Cleckheaton wool Boucle, Noro Silk Garden, Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool, Cherry Tree Hill Possum Worsted, Noro Kueryon, 14 pounds of raw Ramboulliet fleece, and I'm contemplating some Fleece Maiden Merino sock yarn. Aren't you just drooling listening to that list? And I scored all of it at least 40% off! I can't wait to get my grubby hands on it!

Have a happy Labor Day!!

No comments: