Sunday, September 10, 2006

Still waiting...

Well, I'm still waiting for all of my yarn! So, in the meantime, I've put in huge orders to Lisa Souza dyeworks & KnitPicks. I'll be in shock once I get all this stuff (and my credit card statements!), but I'll just have to deal with it :-)

In the meantime, I've finished ALL of the knitting for the Ribby Cardi. I just need to sew in the zipper, and I'll have an honest-to-goodness piece of clothing!

As you can see, I went with the collared version. I took some liberties with the patern and finished the front edges with a 3-stitch I-cord. I'm all for easy!

So, now I'm without a sweater project (well, that's not counting poor Viking Cardi). This is what I really want to make:

This is "Fair Isle U-Neck Pullover" from the Vogue Knitting Fall 2006. And I must say that this is one of the best issues of Vogue ever! Full of gorgeous cables & socks! Just wonderful! It reminds me of the patterns that were out that first inspired me to start knitting back in 2000/2001. Just modern takes on the classic styles that rely on the knitter's skill to execute, rather than focusing on funky yarns. The eyelash is scarce in this issue, and that's a VERY good thing!

So, anyway, I've put in an order to KnitPicks for the Telemark yarn I'll be using for this, so I'll have to wait. I'm planning on knitting this circularly and putting in steeks at the sleeves & neck. I thank Meg & EZ for my confidently cavalier attitude toward changing the pattern so drastically, so I'll try to do them proud.

Dulcedosahas started the U-Neck Pullover, so I'll be checking out her progress. Anyone else in?

In the meantime, I'll work on the chunky cabled sweater from the cover of the 2006 Fall issue of Knit Simple. Pics to come once I have something to show. I'm still not sure how I feel about Knit Simple. I actually got it by default when Family Circle Easy Knitting changed ownership. This third issue is okay, and is better than the previous 2 issues, so we'll see how the Winter issue is.

No comments: