Sunday, December 03, 2006

Hope springs eternal

Advisory: Before you read on, I just want to warn you that there is no fibery content in this post, nor are there pictures. But it's short.

Wow, I'm just a posting machine lately, huh? Y'all sick of me yet? I'll bet you wish I would go back on another depression-inspiried hiatus. Well, I do still cry a little every once in a while when I hear certain feelings expressed in songs or even some sappy TV commericals, but that's all you're getting from me. I'm tired of feeling unhappy. If you have Evanescence's new album "The Open Door" (and if you don't yet, what the hell are you waiting for?), the last song "Good Enough" is one of those songs. I LOVE LOVE LOVE me some Evanescence!!

But, you'll be happy to know I'm feeling much better. I went out with my aunts & cousins last night & I saw the cutest guy (light eyes, dark hair, late 30's/early 40's, wasn't drinking nor smoking, and wasn't acting like a horny-assed jerk) at the Boiler Room in Redlands! We made eye contact & smiled a couple of times and my aunts said he was checking me out when I wasn't looking, but I was having a tough time getting up the nerve to say anything to him. He was with 3 other guys, and just when I was going to say hi (he was standing really close to me), some FREAKY dude came right between us and started talking to me. Then the guy & his buddys left while I was stuck w/long-haired weirdo! I figure that if it's meant to be, the fates will bring ol' blue-eyes and me together once more (although I'm sure fate would have had an easier time if I had given him my number)...and by then I should have nicer boobs, a flat tummy, and a finalized divorce :-) He was really cute though, and he's inspired me to believe that there are, indeed, other fish in the sea. Of course, he could have been a total jerk, and it could have been the best move in history for me not to talk to him, but this is my fantasy, and I'll assume he was a prince if I want to!

Yes, dear ones, hope springs eternal. It's a character flaw of mine I'm trying to work on ;-)

No comments: