Monday, December 11, 2006

Another year

Well, I survived my birthday on the 5th, and I made it through yet another year! I never in a million years thought I would be where I am at this point in my life, but it's all good.

Alas, this is yet another post scarce on the fibery stuff. My poor Cardigan remains sleeveless, although I have sewed one sleeve seam together. So close, and yet so far. I'll work on it later after I finish off these:

My mom has the kids tonight, since she'll watch them tomorrow, and I'm relaxing w/my faves...Hornsby's Hard Apple Cider & a Godiva Macadamia Nut truffle. MMMMMM, talk about heaven! I had stayed up till midnight last night working on a report for my stress-inducing job, and I am so going to bed early tonight. I'll just stay up long enough to watch "The New Adventures of Old Christine", and them I'm out. Maybe I'll work on my cardigan while I zone out. Then I'll actually have something related to wool to show you.

Hmm, speaking of showing you something, looky what I did this weekend to commemmorate my birthday:

This is on my lower back, and is my second tattoo. It still stings. It's actually based on a sketch I drew up, and it didn't turn out like I had expected, but it's growing on me, and I'm starting to really like it. Either that, or I'm mind-screwing myself into liking it because IT'S FREAKING PERMANENT! But, it's really not that bad, right? For those of you who can't really tell, it's supposed to be the Harley Davidson shield with plumerias around it. At least the colors are pretty.

So, anyway, you've suffered through this post, and I feel that I must mention something related to knitting. After all, this is supposed to be about the Tales of a Spinning Knitter, not a man-less, depressed, stressed out freak. So, here goes: I'm debating on what my next project should be...

These are both from the Holiday 2006 issue of Vogue Knitting. I'm LOVING the pretty Frost Flowers ruffley cardigan, but I think the cute cabled, bell-sleeved jacket would be perfect for work. I have the yarn for the jacket, but I've already decided on KnitPicks Gloss in black for the Frost Flowers...I just have to break down and order it. Wouldn't black silk & merino be just lovely?

So, you'll see soon enough what I decide. If you'd like to vote, I'd be more than happy to take your opinions in consideration. :-)

No comments: