Friday, January 12, 2007

Here there be dragons

Well, an eye-less dragon, but a dragon none-the-less...


I really enjoyed this pattern, and it was pretty quick to make. As I had mentioned in a previous post, the yarn from Morehouse Merino is absoulutely sinfully soft, and was nice to knit up.

I just need to block this bad boy, sew on the eyes, and tassel in the puffs of smoke in its nostrils. Because I'm sketchy on finishing, I probably won't actually have this done for a while, but I'm excited about it, so here it is.

In non-fibery news, I'm now 2-weeks post-op. The nurse has told me that I'm healing up very well, and a lot of my friends are surprised that I already came back to work this week, so I guess I'm doing well. I attended hula class last night, but only sat and did the hand movements half-heartedly. But even that little bit of activity left me sore, so I'm really impatient with this whole recovery process. My tummy is also still a little swollen, and the swelling gets worse as the day wears on, so that's really ticking me off, too. I just need to be patient, but that's never been one of my strong suits.

Anyway, this will be my child-less weekend, and I'm planning on doing some spinning. It's been so long, I hope I remember how to do it :-)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I have a friend who just finished the dragon scarf and hers came out a lot shorter than what the pattern says (I think like 15-20 inches shorter). She also has 22 spikes -which is less than the picture shows. How did yours come out - length, number of spikes?

Jamie in So Cal said...

Hi there!
Mine came out 56 inches long (but I haven't yet blocked it), and I have 25 spikes. The instructions are written a little too "chattily" for me, and there are times when you have to repeat "spikes", and it's easy to miss.

Hope that helps!

Jo said...

Hi,
I think your right the kit is pricey but I love it also.
I was trying to just buy the pattern without the yarn but I cant seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks for sharing your scarf.
Jo