Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Online Dating

There will be no pictures in this post, so if you're looking for eye candy and/or inspiration, you would do well to move along at this point. If you're interested in pathetic tales of single-dom, please stay tuned.

First, I did get a chance to spin, and it was wonderful. I felt so guilty for neglecting my lovely Symphony for so long...I had actually forgotten I had bought a Woollee Winder for it. How lame is that? But it was, pardon the cliche, just like riding a bike, and I fell right into making my springy Blackbird yarn for my Rogue cardigan. I think I made about 90 yards, and am almost done with another bobbin of singles, so hopefully I'll have 2 finished skeins to show you next time. Then I have to prepare some more fiber. I'm this close to just using pre-made yarn for this project.

But I have started and made some progress on the Tie-Front Cardigan from the Vogue Holiday 06 issue. I'm making it in black Gloss from KnitPicks. It's a nice silk-merino blend, and I think this coat will be absolutely fantastic once I finish it. I'll show that to you in my next post as well.

But anyway, I recently subscribed to match.com, and let me tell you, it's an interesting world out there. I haven't dated at all anyway (I met my soon-to-be-ex when I was 18, and he was my first boyfriend), so it's all new to me. It's actually very overwhelming. I'm not putting too much hope into it, but it's kind of making me feel better because it's something I can actually "do" to help alleviate my feelings of being such a man-less loser. I might un-subscribe, but I'll be going out with a friend of mine tomorrow who has been on match.com for quite some time, so I'm going to pick her brain on how to navigate this stuff. Perhaps she'll renew my enthusiasm.

I'll keep you all posted....

No comments: