Friday, January 05, 2007

Post-Op

Well, I did the deed. The surgery went very well (i.e. I survived) and recovery continues apace.

My new rack is the perfect size...just a bit larger than they've been with my push-up padded bras, so there isn't a very obvious difference. Of course there is to me. The bummer is that for the next 3 weeks I've got to wear a tight strap across my chest which squeezes them together and pushes them down to help them drop into place. This means I'll have projectile boobies and no pretty bras till that's done. I have a feeling I might cheat and go strap-less a bit. I did some preliminary measurements, and it looks like I'm a 32 C. Woohoo!

The tummy tuck is another matter altogether. I look like Frankenstein down there, and the belly button is decidedly unsavory. But the tummy is AMAZING! I have a killer waist and I'm as flat as a board! 26 inches, baby! Of course, my scar is absolutely crazy-looking, but I'm applying some expensive scar cream in the hopes that it will eventually become less horrifying. For those of you who aren't squeamish, click here to see it 4 days post-op.

Anyway, I'm a lot more ambulatory, but I did get some knitting time in.

Here's that Fiesta Shawl I've been wanting to make for 6 years....Well, Blogger is up to its usual tricks, and it won't let me post pics. So, let's try this:


Alright, here she is. Isn't she lovely? This is the first time I've knit with rayon ribbon and mohair, and they are both tricky in their own little ways. Suffice it to say that winding ribbon is not my idea of a fun time. Right now, the thing causing me concern is the fact that I've already run out of 1 skein of Gelato. It seems that the shawl isn't even half done, and I still have fringe to do. Of course, the shawl is getting smaller, but I'm not sure it's getting smaller fast enough. Well, time will tell. Till then, I need to sew the beginning of the next ball to the end of this ball, but I've been too lazy to get out my needle & thread.

So, instead, I started this...

Look, I'm knitting a dragon tail! This is the Dragon Scarf Kit from Morehouse Merino. It was outrageously expensive for a scarf kit, I thought, but I LOVE dragons, and wouldn't this just be the coolest thing to wear while snowboarding?! But the yarn is fantastically soft and lofty and it'll be such a treat to have this soft dragon snuggling warmly against my neck. The pattern is fun and it really does look like a dragon, no? You gotta love knitting!

No comments: