Saturday, November 25, 2006

Finally, some knitting!

Well, I must say, that EZ sure knew what she was talking about when she said something along the lines of, and I'm taking liberties with this here: knitting soothes the troubled soul...and it's not too bad for the untroubled soul either. Truer words have not been uttered about our beloved craft. I have re-discovered happy knitting (i.e. not knitting to a deadline nor knitting for someone who does not deserve it) and I cannot stop!


I've made mad progress on that sweater. See? Here's the back...



And this is one of the sleeves, (I've actually finished BOTH, but since they look exactly the same...you know) and the beginnings of the fronts. Yes, my lords and ladies, I am knitting BOTH fronts AT THE SAME TIME! This is the first time I'm attempting this, and I don't know why I've waited this long to do this. In fact, I'm thinking I should have done it with the sleeves. I'm guessing that the exhilaration of my recent feat of finishing 2 socks at the same time has inspired me.

Regardless of why I'm doing it, I gotta tell ya that this 2 at a time thing is really great. Now, I admit, it took me quite a bit of pre-planning before I felt comfortable enough to jump on in, but now I'm motoring right along, secure in the knowledge that my fronts will have shaping at the same places, will be the exact same length, and, this is the most important, they will be DONE!! I will not have to knit yet another front after completing a front. And, as an added bonus, I'll be done with my entire sweater upon completion of these fronts. Life is indeed good when knit happens.

The downside to this knitting therapy is that, although I've had a nice long 4-day weekend, I've accomplished very little in the way of housework. I actually bought all kinds of organizing gadgets and shelving in anticipation of having a productive weekend, but they are still sitting in my room unopened and unassembled. Maybe tomorrow. After my fronts are done...

No comments: