Monday, November 06, 2006

I love socks

I'm feeling pretty sorry for myself right around now. My mother is so hurtful, that I actually don't ever want to see her again. And I'm not being dramatic. Just very deeply hurtful stuff about not being proud of my success at work & school and that she can't support my decision to get a divorce because she doesn't want my family broken up, even though she, herself, is DIVORCED!! Did I mention that one of the things I cannot abide is a hypocrite? Just absolutely irrepairable damage to what little relationship we had.

Anyway, enough of that. Look, I've made some progress:

I've got 1 week and 1 day till these bad boys are due, and I think I just may make it. Knock on wood.

So, now that I'm so close to the end of these, of course my thoughts are already on my next pair of socks. I'm liking these as prospects:

This is, obviously, Fleece Artist Merino Socks. Absolutely beautiful. This is "Russet" and "Hercules". How could you not want Hercules? I think he may be next on the needles.

I'll let you know if I make the deadline. Here's hoping...

1 comment:

~Kristie said...

Sorry to hear your mom is being a "BUTT". My mom does that to me a lot, but it's your mom & it's the only one you'll ever get.

I can't wait to see your completed socks & that yarn...YUM!