Sunday, March 19, 2006

Sidetracked again...

Well, I have been working on the Cozy Cardi, and I'll post pics another day (don't feel like messing with the camera right now).

So, on to what I did manage to take a pic of....

See that? That means that I am no longer a dyeing virgin! This is my first hand-dyed project! How's that for beginner's luck? I know, I know. It's got quite a bit of white, but it still came out pretty cool IMHO. This started out as some un-dyed sock-weight merino from Knit Picks, and it is soooo soft. I used Country Classics dyes in Raspberry, Cornflower, and Mountain Aqua. I laid out the yarn (after soak in Palmolive & vinegar), squirted on the dyes, rolled it up in plastic wrap and steamed it for 20 minutes. Let it cool, rinsed it out and VOILA!

So, when this stuff dries, it'll be a nice pair of socks for MOI! I'm so happy with how this came out that I'll be dyeing some roving fairly soon. I've got jars of 12 other colors to get to...the possibilities seem endless!

No comments: