Sunday, March 05, 2006

Knitting a Phoenix

Out of the ashes, it rises again... Here's my progress so far on the cardi I'm working on from the current issue of Vogue Knitting (I love me some Kathy Zimmerman - I wish she would come out with a book!).

The yarn I'm using is actually attached to the old, incorrectly set up, 1st attempt on this thing. That's why it's so curly and "used" looking.

This pattern is going surprisingly fast because I was able to memorize it fairly quickly. This is very unlike the cardigan I designed using Elsebeth Lavold's Viking Cables, which has been a constant WIP for the last 2 years because I only get un-interrupted chart-reading time at work (ie away from the kiddies). Those suckers are quite involved, but soooo impressive. I'll get a pic of it up.

Alright, well, Boy #1 is whining about going to Chuck E Cheese (aka the outer limits of hell) because we're having his and his brother's birthday party there. Talk about a place where you could really use some knitting to maintain your sanity....
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: