Sunday, March 05, 2006

Viking Saga

Here are the much-anticipated pics of my beloved/hated Viking Cables cardigan. As you can see, I've finished the back...



















the fronts (I have no clue why this pic is a strange blue-ish green color)...




















And I've started the sleeve. Yes, that is a paperclip marking my pattern. I only work on this thing at work (not to be confused with during work - it'd be pretty hard to play off knitting in the cubicle if I actually got caught), and I had to improvise. The fact that I don't go ahead and replace it with an honest-to-goodness marker is mere superstition.



















So. It has taken me about 2 years to make it this far (I also made a baby during this timeframe, which included a pregnancy complete w/unbearable carpal tunnel, so maybe I get some slack). Well, of late, I've been making a concerted effort to cut back on going out to lunch and to start brown-bagging it so I can stay in the break room and knit.

This would be a good plan if only I wasn't so busy at work that I can't actually take breaks away from my desk. Well, I dare say I'll get this sucker done in time for next Winter. Stay tuned....

OT: I must share that I had the most wonderful ride today with my Hubby on our Harleys. I'm a very green rider, having gotten my motorcycle license 3 years ago by taking a safety class and having just gotten my 883 Custom Sportster this past December (no practice in between). Today was actually only the 3rd time I've ridden my bike. And I LUH-HOV it! We had a nice 2-hour ride. Hubby enjoyed it not so much because he was worried about me the whole time (the sweetie!). But he also led me on some trecherous-to-me roads (read really STEEP and WINDING), so I think we're even. Only here in So Cal could a ride have been so sunny & marvelous.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

evknits said...

I like interesting cables like this Viking one :)
And yep, with my 2 young girls, I knit a mostly after 10pm.