Thursday, July 06, 2006

I suck

Well, I just wanted to pop in to report that I have done NO knitting and NO spinning since Sunday. I don't know why, but I don't want to work on any of my numerous WIP's. Maybe that's the problem...I have too many projects and not enought FO's to show for my efforts. Or maybe it's the fact that I went back to work on Wednesday, and my job is so stressful that it's sucking the life out of me.

I've been surfing the net and reading other blogs, and I swear I don't know how these other knitters are doing it. It's like they start a project, and then it's done and on them by the next week! I'm such a slacker. Sure, the job and the kids cut into my fiber time. But right now, for instance, it's 10:10pm. I'm off work, the boys are asleep, and this could be a prime opportunity for me to get something fibery done. But my dumbass is sitting here blogging about how depressed I am about my lack of completed knitting & spinning projects.

So, I'm kind of in a funk and I'm hoping to snap out of it. What's kind of on my nerves too is that I'm finding a lot of nice patterns I'd like to start, but, get this, I don't have the appropriate yarn! This is the stupidest thing ever since I literally have OVER 100 pounds of yarn in my home! And of this, I can find nothing that will fit the gauge of the patterns I like. Whatever.

Anyway, no pics today. But I do need to give a report on the Yarn Lady field trip Nola and I took on Monday. I find it really odd that I'll spend $60 at a yarn shop on waaay over-priced yarn I could get a lot cheaper online, but when I do find a really great deal online, I'm loathe to jump on it. I'm an idiot.

1 comment:

Abigale said...

You're not the only one... I suck too!

I wanted to dye some silk today (nope, not done) I still need to post my free pattern on my blog, it's getting late, and I'm surfing around other people's blogs...

I did start spinning a tiny bit of green silk on one of my spindles, that will end up being cable plyed. But really today has been pretty damn unproductive! Back to the grind of the day job tomorrow, and a full week to boot. Sigh...

It gets better, and don't compare yourself to the likes of Claudia and Wendy - I have a suspicion that they employ stunt knitters! And they certainly don't have little ones running around.

Abi