Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I've got a surprise for you!!

And no, I'm not going to tell you in today's post. You'll have to wait till the next one.

While I was in my anti-knitting stage last week, I rifled through the stash to check out my forgotten WIP. And I found a common theme. Maybe you can spot it too.


This is the 2 fronts and the back of a lace cardigan I started a year (or two) ago. It's actually been stashed at work in a file cabinet, so I thought I'd bring it home to be with the remaining yarn I have in my stash for it. It's actually a really nice project, but it wants sleeves.

The main problem is this:

This is what serves as the "pattern" for this cardigan. Apparently, I liked the pattern in the magazine, but I substituted horseshoe lace (and yes, I do own the publicatin that photo copy came from). So, I have no strict guidelines and I'm going to have to play it fast and loose to finish this puppy off. Maybe that's why it was abandoned. But it would be a great coverup for the hot summer months (i.e. NOW).

I also found my very first attempt at a sweater:

This is the 2 fronts and the back of a lovely seed stitch cardigan. The main problem, besides lack of sleeves, is that the yarn is everyone's all-time favorite Red Heart acrylic straight out of WalMart. I know, I know, but I was young and naive to the ways of wool. All that has changed now, which is probably why I'm loathe to cast on the scratchy, plastic yarn to finish this project.

Well. Hmmmm. It seems as though the rest of my pictures do not want to load. I'll continue the parade of shame once I can actually post the pics. It's more fun that way...

No comments: