Monday, July 31, 2006

Sock yarn!

I never did post about my trip with Nola to the Yarn Lady. Anyway, while I was there, I scored this...
Posted by Picasa

This is the fabled Koigu. It's lovely & soft, but the colors are very similar to the self-dyed socks I completed not long ago. I want to start knitting it (note the already-wound center-pull ball), but I need to finish my Regia Stretch sock first. I want to try a shortrow heel a'la PGR, so I'm really anxious to get it started.

I also ordered and received this from Little Knits:
 

The even more-fabled Fleece Artist Merino Socks yarn. This is in the colorway Autumn, and it is gorgeous.

I kind of went on a sock-yarn binge because I ordered a Country Hills Yarn grab bag which consisted of these:
 
The multi-colored one is kind of wild for my taste, so I'll probably over-dye it (cuz we all know how well I do with over-dyeing). But the other ones are really soft, but they seem like the same yarn as KnitPicks dye-your-own, which is MUCH less expensive.

But I have been knitting as well. I've finished the cap on the sleeve for Ribby Cardi:
 
I'm not sure what I'm going to start next. Maybe the back?

I also noticed that Stephanie has started the Adamas shawl, so I've been inspired to contine to work on my own version.
  Posted by Picasa
I've got 7 repeats done...just 9 more to go. And the rows keep getting exponentially longer as I go along (I think I currently have about 200 stitches on my needles). But I'm enjoying it again, so I'll plug along until I want to tear out my hair.

As a sideline, Blogger is really upsetting me. I haven't been able to post pictures through Blogger in 2 weeks. The photos you see are courtesy of Picasa. I may be forced to move to a different blog host.

No comments: